Friday 8 April 2011

Don't judge a book...........

I feel I was somewhat hasty in my dismissal of Delicious, though  I stand by my initial impression, that it is one of the most un-user friendly interfaces (visually and functionally), that I’ve experienced in a LONG time!! 
I quite like the network feature and can now see bookmarks of SPD23things and a few other SPD bloggers.  Now when I open my bookmarks, I can see who else has bookmarked them.  I can also read through the entire list of things that other bloggers have bookmarked, kinda cool actually.  
From a work perspective I think a Delicious account could be a useful resource in the library, as people stumbleupon (genius website name, love it!) useful/relevant sites, they could bookmark them, and we could all see them. 
Since starting 23Things I’ve started to feel really weirded out by my lack of Privacy. Given my internet activity, it’s  ridiculous that I should feel this way.  I Twitter(but don’t tweet),  I facebook, (as privately as is possible), and yet on Monday when I was logging into Delicious, I felt disturbed and extremely uncomfortable with the fact that suddenly my hotmail, google , yahoo, blogger and delicious accounts, were all now quite clearly electronically linked.  I felt completely exposed, like someone could follow me around, a crazed virtual stalker. 
It’s not that I’m doing anything illegal, saying anything offensive, par taking in any dodgy activity, and yet I feel conspicuously vulnerable.   So dunno why I’m suddenly having a mini meltdown, I may get over it and fast!!










No comments:

Post a Comment